Golf and Other Important Stuff

Wow! It’s been 9 days since my last entry. I must have been really busy, you’d think. At least if I was you that’s what I’d think, but I’m not so I don’t. But, I do know what happened on some of those days. Not all of them, just some.

One thing, for sure I remember, is that I went golfing twice. Those Peal brothers, and my lovely bride, are trying to wear me out by making me go golfing once a week, rain or shine. The up side of that is that I’m actually getting a little better. That’s true even though I’ve taken a vow to count every stroke I take. That wasn’t always the case as those of you who read this regularly know. There are plenty of Mulligans and gimmees in my past. Then I decided to quit that because, really, who cares? I just smack the ball, go find it and smack it again. Somethings I smack it pretty good, other times I don’t. But, it’s fun.

During today’s round at the links I had to use a cart because I developed terminal knee pain yesterday while working on the motor home. I could hardly walk yesterday because my left knee hurt so bad and I couldn’t figure that out because it wasn’t swollen at all. But, it hurt horrible, like a for real 10 on that pain chart docs like to use. Today it’s better, but now there’s swelling. Perhaps whatever’s causing the pain is working its way to the surface and once it’s free it will eat my knee cap. Maybe that’s what it’s already doing because it’s the knee cap that hurts. So, I have a parasite that’s eating my knee cap. That could be what it is for sure. If it still hurts tomorrow I might just see about getting a doctor’s appointment for a professional opinion.

The motor home … Since the days have been so nice, I thought it would be a good idea to rip the front right off that sucker. Doing that involved removing about 3 dozen screws of various sizes then expending a great deal of effort to overcome the death grip provided by the incredible amount of various kinds of sealant that held the fiberglass cowl in place above the windshield. It’s been leaking at the seam where the fiberglass meets the aluminum roofing material. Of course I had no idea what I was doing when I dismantled everything, but I did it anyway. It’s OK because Diane’s used to me doing stuff like that. I take things apart. Generally, I get them back together again, too, and most of the time they work better when I’m done. Not always, but most of the time. If I remember, I’ll let you know how this one works out. I have confidence it will work out well because the alternative will involve a divorce lawyer if I don’t get Diane to the beach pretty soon.

Now I must stop and prepare for a good night’s sleep. I have work ahead of me tomorrow. One, for sure, it the motor home, but a new one developed on my way to council this evening. I replaced the headlights on the PT this afternoon and that involved a lot of effort to release those crummy little plastic push thingies that hold the  fender well liner to the body instead of screws in some places. I was able to remove, and reuse three of the 20 I tore out and, of course, I didn’t have any spares. Who does? Like those are parts I make sure I have in stock, right? Well, I don’t. So now I must go buy some because the fender well plastic inserts are flopping around making all kinds of racket that I don’t like. That means I must drive slowly to NAPA tomorrow for the missing parts. Hopefully that’s the cure. Or, maybe I destroyed something during the headlight install.

Did you know you have to take the grill out of a PT to replace headlight units? News to me, too. That, and loosen the fascia. It’s  huge hassle, but it’s done. Almost.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.