Considering the state of our world, I submit that all of us have something to be thankful for not only on this special day, but on every day of our lives.
I’m thankful …
- … for my family, wherever they may be. Some are near, some are far, but they are all with me in my heart, always.
- … for all the folks who spend their days on guard protecting us in our hospitals, on the streets, at sea, and in foreign lands. They are all special people.
- … for those folks who wear masks when it’s necessary for us to venture outside and be in their presence.
- … that I still have all 6 of my senses, most of the time. There are some who will argue that, sure, I have the normal five, but the 6th, common, isn’t always fully engaged. Sadly, I cannot deny that.
- … for Norris who keeps our septic system working properly.
- … for all those people working at Oregon gas stations who fill my tank.
- … for all the people who stock the shelves in our grocery stores.
- … for the farmers and ranchers who produce pretty much everything I’m allowed to eat.
- … for my friends for putting up with me even when I can’t remember their name.
- … for the bagel lady.
- … for Amazon Prime so I can shop in my pajamas.
- … for all the Utility workers who ensure all our appliances work.
- … for our pets, all of them, even cats. They were, and are, some of my favorite people.
… to mention just a few. For those I failed to mention, please forgive me. I appreciate whatever it is that you do. Honest.
Above all, I’m thankful to God who makes all this possible.
Be safe …